Why Termites Are Best Prevented, Not Treated?
What makes termite damages go unnoticed? Why does it take years to uncover the vandalisation of the property? Are there any effective termite control methods? There are several questions connected to termites and the losses they cause.
Termites are silent killers that invade your furniture and furnishings without any notice. They quietly bite through the household items and leave a trail of damage.
Termites are known for their habit of travelling in colonies. They wander in a group and attack every item that serves as food for them. When several termites attack the house furnishings, it leads to grave harm.
Why Are Termites Called Silent Killers?
The colour of termites and their small size give them an upper hand over human sight.
Termites are brown, black, and white. The primary source of energy for termites is wood. Since the colour of wood and termites fuses, it becomes difficult to differentiate.
Additionally, termites are microscopic organisms. Their size is smaller than our nails, making it impossible to see with the naked eye. Both these factors give time to termites to salvage the place and destroy the house from the inside out.
The termite attacks are also undiscovered for years because they hardly make any noise. They are tiny creatures that move silently. Hence, they’re called silent killers. It is necessary to gather the assistance of pest control services for quicker solutions.
Why Is It Essential To Take Precautions Against Termites?
Since termites are silent wood eaters, the best way to locate them is by following the areas in the house that have wood. When we say wood, it includes all the doors, windows, wooden cabinets, drawers, etc. Termites also build their nests around papers and documents. You can perform termite tests in these areas by yourself.
Some prominent damages that termites cause are:-
- Damp wood- Damp wood is the perfect breeding place for termites. The cold surrounding gives a suitable reproductive environment. Also, it is easier to cut through wet wood as they’re soft.
- Swelled-up wooden boards- Termites dig the house inside out. The cracks or holes seen on the wooden floorings and stairs are indicators of termite infection. They stay under the board and chew at everything inside and out.
- Mud tubes- The cement of the walls is also a suitable place for termite reproduction. Again the cold conditions help the termites create a swarm. They form cracks with their hard teeth and create a trail of yellowish-brown dust on the walls, called mud tubes.
- Flying termites- Some termites disconnect from their colony and form a separate nest called swarmers. They’re termites with wings. If you’re moving into a new place, check out the neighbourhood for flying termites. They can harm your property in future. You can call pest control services for pre-construction anti-termite treatment.
How To Take Precautions Against Termites?
Whether you’ve got termite or not, if there are traces of its presence in the vicinity, chances are future infection is prime.
Here are a few precautions, as suggested by pest control services, that you can follow-
1. Block the Leaks
Keep your drainage pipes and gutters clean. Your bathrooms have the highest chances of attracting termites, for they love wet surroundings.
2. Demolish the breeding spots
Getting rid of the nesting places is also a logical way to prevent the spreading of termite infection. Consult and connect with termite control services. They will disinfect the areas with a termite infestation, like wood panels, sills, soil, walls, etc.
3. Eliminate the sources of moisture
As you might know by now, termites love moisture. They use damp wood and walls to enter the house. Eliminate all the wood furnishings or keep them covered to prevent infestation.
4. Pre-construction anti-termite treatment
The easiest method to avoid termite infestation is the pre-construction anti-termite treatment. Hire pest control services, for they have professional knowledge and the latest equipment to create a barrier for the house’s foundation. They add the required chemical to the cementing material to avoid infestation before construction.
5. Get professional help
Whether pre-construction or post-construction, getting a professional helping hand is the best solution. Envocare has members with trained eyes to locate the termite infestation to disinfect them at once. Always try to prevent the growth of termites rather than look for a cure.
Termites are destroyers. They use their microscopic size to their advantage and keep destroying the house for years. They can ruin the windows, doors, stairs (if you’ve got a wooden one), drawers, essential documents, etc. Sometimes the termites travel the whole house and damage every nook and corner.
Seeking expert help is a reasonable solution to the termite issue. Envocare provides termite control services to get rid of worrying contamination. You can connect with them to make your house termite-free before and after the construction.